Rosemary Garlic Flatbread with Spicy Tuna Salad
- Preheat oven with pizza stone to 500 degrees F (or read "Cook's Tip with Pizza Dough recipe).
- For Flatbread, evenly divide dough in three pieces. Thinly stretch each piece, dusting with flour. Roll out each wafer thin. Drizzle dough with oil, then smear oil evenly. Top with shaved garlic, rosemary, sea salt, and pepper. Bake 2 to 4 minutes for each flatbread, until crispy, golden, and bubbled around edges.
- For Spicy Tuna Salad, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, Sriracha, lemon juice, oil and salt. Fold in tuna.
- To serve, break crisp flatbreads in pieces. Top pieces with a spoonful of salad and some greens. Drizzle with a few drops of balsamic vinegar. Makes 3 flatbreads (about 12 servings).
From the Test Kitchen
If you are unable to get sushi-grade tuna, dice up 1 1/2 pounds tuna steaks and cook in a 12-inch skillet in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until tuna just begins to flake with a fork (some pink may still remain). Cool and use as directed in recipe.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the sugar in the 1 cup warm water. Sprinkle yeast on top. Let stand for 10 minutes or until foamy. Add the olive oil and salt to yeast mixture, then use the dough hook to mix in the all-purpose flour. Mix until the dough comes together. Add more flour as needed and allow the machine to knead the dough until smooth.
- Add the olive oil and salt to yeast mixture, then use the dough hook to mix in the all-purpose flour. Mix until the dough comes together. Add more flour as needed and allow the machine to knead the dough until smooth.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead about 2 minutes more (dough will no longer be sticky). Place dough in an oiled bowl and turn to coat the surface. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; let stand in a warm place about 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface. Divide in half. Form into smooth, tight balls. Cover loosely with a floured kitchen towel and set in a warm place to rise again for 30 to 45 minutes.
- When ready to use, press dough with fingers to flatten as much as possible. Drape dough over hands, stretching to desired size and thickness. Place dough on a floured pizza peel. Top and bake as directed in recipes.
Nutrition Facts (Rosemary Garlic Flatbread with Spicy Tuna Salad)
- Per serving:
- 244 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 17 mg chol.,
- 499 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet