Rosemary-Garlic Chicken with Mashed Cauliflower
- In a small bowl combine rosemary, butter, garlic, snipped thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly until about 1/2 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap. Cut each chicken piece in half crosswise; set aside.
- Place cauliflower in a steamer basket. Place basket in a Dutch oven over 1 inch of boiling water. Steam, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. In a food processor combine cauliflower, cream cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and process until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 3 minutes. Turn chicken; top with herb mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Add the water to skillet. Simmer, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F).
- To serve, spoon cauliflower mixture onto serving plates. Top with chicken. If desired, garnish with thyme sprigs.
Nutrition Facts (Rosemary-Garlic Chicken with Mashed Cauliflower)
- Per serving:
- 289 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 97 mg chol.,
- 731 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet