cups warm water (105 degrees F to 115 degrees F)
package active dry yeast
cup olive oil
cup packed brown sugar
teaspoons chili powder (optional)
teaspoon ground cinnamon
recipe Spicy Honey Butter, recipe below
- In mixing bowl combine warm water and yeast. Stir to dissolve. Add 1 cup of the all-purpose flour, the whole wheat flour, olive oil, egg, sugar, chili powder, slat, and cinnamon.
- Stir in remaining flour to make soft dough that pulls away from sides of bowl (dough will be sticky). Coat 2-quart container with nonstick cooking spray. Place dough in container. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to use, punch dough down. Turn out onto floured sheet of parchment paper. Pat or roll dough into 15x12-inch rectangle. Transfer parchment with dough to large baking sheet.
- Using floured pizza cutter or knife, cut dough width-wise into 20 strips about 3/4 inch wide. (Dip cutter in flour as necessary to prevent sticking.) Cover; let rise 1 hour or until doubled in size. Brush with olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Slide soup sticks onto cutting board; cool slightly. Cut apart. Serve with Spicy Honey Butter. Makes 20 sticks.
Spicy Honey Butter
teaspoon crushed red pepper
cup (1 stick) softened butter
- Whisk honey and crushed red pepper into softened butter.
Nutrition Facts(Soup Sticks)
- Per serving:
- 169 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 19 mg chol.,
- 129 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet