- Yields: 12 rolls
- Prep: 25 mins
- Rise: 1 hr
- Bake: 20 mins
Figgy Brie Rolls
cup finely chopped dried figs
teaspoon snipped fresh sage
16 ounce frozen wheat bread dough, thawed
ounces Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Small fresh sage leaves
- Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil. Grease foil; set aside.
- For filling, in a small bowl combine figs, snipped sage, and honey; set aside.
- Cut dough into 12 equal portions. Shape dough portions into balls. Working with one dough ball at a time, flatten it to a 3-inch circle. Top with a rounded teaspoon of the filling and a few pieces of the cheese. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Place, seam side down, in the prepared baking pan. Cover and let rise until double in size (1 to 1 1/4 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl whisk together egg white and the water; brush lightly over rolls. Gently press small sage leaves on top of rolls; brush again with egg white mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Figgy Brie Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 127 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 5 mg chol.,
- 245 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet