Roasted Zucchini Lasagna
Roasted Zucchini Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a very large bowl combine zucchini, oil, garlic, salt, and 1 tablespoon of the rosemary; toss to combine. Spread mixture evenly in a roasting pan. Roast about 14 minutes or just until tender, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F. In a large skillet cook sausage over medium-high heat until meat is brown, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat. In a large bowl stir together pasta sauce, milk, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, and the remaining 1 tablespoon rosemary; set aside.
- To assemble, spread 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce mixture into the bottom of a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Arrange four of the noodles on top of the sauce, overlapping as needed. Arrange one-third of the roasted zucchini mixture, one third of the cooked sausage, and one third of the tomato slices on top of noodles in dish. Spoon 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce mixture over the tomatoes; top with one-fourth of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Add remaining lasagna noodles; carefully spoon remaining pasta sauce mixture over noodles, being sure to cover all the noodles. Add remaining mozzarella cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Coat foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake about 10 more minutes or until top begins to brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with arugula and/or pine nuts.
From the Test Kitchen
To tote this casserole to a potluck, prepare and bake as directed. Cover tightly with foil. Tote to destination in an insulated casserole carrier with heating packs. Serve within 2 hours. Or tote tightly covered unbaked lasagna in a cooler with cold packs to destination. After arriving, bake and serve as directed.
Prepare as directed through Step 3, except do not preheat oven. Cover lasagna with plastic wrap. Chill for up to 24 hours. To serve, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap; cover with foil as directed. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Uncover; bake about 10 minutes more or until top begins to brown. Continue as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Zucchini Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 392 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 95 mg chol.,
- 805 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet