Roasted Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash Salad
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread sweet potatoes and butternut squash in a single layer in two 15x10x1-inch baking pans. Drizzle with the 2 tablespoons olive oil; toss to coat. Roast, uncovered, about 30 minutes or just until vegetables are tender. Let cool.
- In a large serving bowl combine sweet potatoes, butternut squash, green onions, parsley, pecans, golden raisins, and dried cranberries. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine the 1/4 cup olive oil, orange juice, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, ginger, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cover and shake well to combine. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash Salad)
- Per serving:
- 359 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 13 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 203 mg sodium ,
- 45 g carb. ,
- 7 g fiber ,
- 16 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.
thorne_andrea 659 Days Ago
I've made it three times this holiday season! I now buy the squash already cubed- cuts time and frustration of dealing with raw, tough butternut squash. Tastes better the day after you make it! A big hit with everyone.
Sarah McDonald 1423 Days Ago
I made this for Thanksgiving dinner this year. I was eager to try it because a) it sounded yummy b) I didn't have to worry about oven space before serving it. And, it was a success. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. Will definitely be making this a staple in our Thanksgiving day meal.