Roasted Mushroom Soup with Dill and Lemon Gremolata
ounces fresh baby portobello mushrooms, halved
ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon ground black pepper
cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
cup chopped onion (1 medium)
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons dry sherry or dry white wine
cup evaporated fat-free milk
tablespoon snipped fresh dill
teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a 15x10x1-inch baking pan combine portobello and shiitake mushrooms. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Spread mushrooms in a single layer. Roast, covered, for 30 minutes. Roast, uncovered, for 15 to 18 minutes more or until mushrooms are tender, but still moist. Cool slightly.
- In a food processor or blender combine half of the mushrooms and 3/4 cup of the broth. Cover and process or blend until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add onion and garlic; cook about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Carefully add sherry. Simmer, uncovered, about 1 minute or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Stir in flour; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the remaining mushroom halves, the pureed mushrooms, the remaining 3/4 cup broth, and evaporated milk. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, for gremolata, in a small bowl combine dill and lemon peel. Ladle soup into small serving bowls. Sprinkle with gremolata.
Nutrition Facts(Roasted Mushroom Soup with Dill and Lemon Gremolata)
- Per serving:
- 194 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 10 mg chol.,
- 459 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet