Roasted Butternut Squash and Beet Salad with Queso Cojita
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Brush beets with oil. Wrap in foil. Place foil packet directly on oven rack; roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until beets are tender.
- Peel squash; halve butternut squash and remove seeds. Cut squash into 1-inch pieces. Arrange pieces in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Roast squash alongside the beets for 15 minutes. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the Marinated Red Onion Vinaigrette over squash; toss to coat. Roast for 5 to 10 minutes more or until tender. Slightly cool squash and beets. Peel beets and cut into bite-size cubes. Place beets in a medium bowl and drizzle with another 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette; set beets and squash aside.
- In a large bowl toss salad greens with the remaining vinaigrette. Divide greens among six to eight salad plates. Arrange beets and squash on top of salads. Sprinkle with cheese and pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.
Marinated Red Onion Vinaigrette
- In a screw-top jar combine red onion, cider vinegar, oil, honey, and a dash salt. Cover and shake well to combine. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 days. Makes about 3/4 cup dressing.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Butternut Squash and Beet Salad with Queso Cojita )
- Per serving:
- 258 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 5 mg chol.,
- 181 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet