Roasted Acorn Squash and Beet Salad
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Tightly wrap beets, separated by color, in aluminum foil bundles. Place on middle oven rack. Roast 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender when tested with a sharp knife. Remove from the oven; cool slightly. Peel the beets and set aside.
- Place squash slices on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with salt, pepper and 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Place on middle rack in oven and roast 15 minutes. Drizzle 1/3 cup maple syrup over squash, and roast another 10 minutes, or until tender. Cool.
- To make dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the mustard, lemon juice and 1/4 cup maple syrup. Add the 1/3 cup olive oil and whisk till smooth. Season to taste.
- To assemble, place salad greens in the middle of a large plate. Arrange beets and squash on lettuce. Pour half of the dressing over the salad. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Pass remaining dressing. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Acorn Squash and Beet Salad)
- Per serving:
- 281 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 379 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 25 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet