This basic risotto recipe should be tucked away to use year-round. Change it up and add your choice of other lightly cooked and seasoned vegetables.
0 did it
- Makes: 6 servings
- Start to Finish: 40 mins
- In 3-quart saucepan cook garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the rice. Cook about 5 minutes or until rice is golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in carrots.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-1/2-quart saucepan bring broth to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Carefully stir 1 cup of hot broth into rice mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until liquid is absorbed. Then add 1/2 cup broth at a time, stirring frequently until broth is abosorbed before adding more broth (about 22 minutes).
- Stir in any remaining broth. Cook and stir just until rice is just tender and creamy.
- Stir in spinach, peas, shredded cheese, green onions, radishes, and tarragon; heat through. Top with cheese shards. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Spinach-Pea Risotto)
- Per serving:
- 191 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 7 mg chol.,
- 723 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet