- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (such as stemmed shiitake, baby portobello, and/or button)
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded carrots
1. Rinse wild rice in a strainer under cold water about 1 minute. In a 4-quart Dutch oven, combine wild rice, the 4 cups water, the brown rice, bouillon granules, salt, and nutmeg. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Stir in mushrooms, celery, and onion. Return to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook about 25 minutes more or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Drain. Stir in carrots. Serve immediately. Makes 12 servings.
- Prepare Mushroom-Wild Rice Stuffing as directed; spoon into a 3-quart casserole. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Bake, covered, in a 325 degree oven for 65 to 75 minutes or until heated through.