Long, slow cooking, with stirring and watching, ensures success in producing the creamy results for this classic Italian side dish recipe.
0 did it
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
- In a large saucepan cook and stir uncooked rice in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring broth to boiling; reduce heat and simmer.
- Slowly add 1 cup of the broth to rice mixture (be careful of spattering, because broth will steam up when it hits the hot pan); stir constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat until broth is absorbed (about 5 minutes).
- Add 2 more cups of broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until broth is absorbed. Stir in remaining broth, shredded carrot, and green onion. Cook and stir until rice is creamy and just tender. Stir in cheese and snipped basil.
- If desired, garnish with the carrot curls and basil leaves. Makes 4 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Garden Risotto)
- Per serving:
- 289 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 5 mg chol.,
- 611 mg sodium,
- 42 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet