A hint of lemon adds a citrusy touch to this roasted asparagus and leek side-dish recipe.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Bake: 10 mins 450°F or crisp tender
- Start to Finish: 45 mins
tablespoons olive oil
cups sliced leeks
cup Arborio rice
cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoon freshly ground coarse black pepper
- Place asparagus in single layer on baking sheet. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil; lightly sprinkle salt and black pepper. Bake, uncovered, in 450 degrees F oven about 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool slightly. Cut two-thirds in 2-inch pieces; set aside all asparagus.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan cook leeks in remaining olive oil until tender. Stir in uncooked rice. Cook and stir over medium heat about 5 minutes or until rice begins to turn golden brown.
- In another saucepan bring broth to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer. Carefully stir 1 cup of hot broth into rice mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until liquid is absorbed. Then add 1/2 cup broth at a time, stirring frequently until broth is absorbed before adding more broth (about 22 minutes).
- Stir in any remaining broth. Cook and stir just until rice is tender and creamy.
- Stir in asparagus pieces, cheese, parsley, lemon peel, lemon juice, and pepper. Top with asparagus spears, lemon slices, and peel. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Asparagus-Leek Risotto)
- Per serving:
- 256 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 6 mg chol.,
- 683 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesChristmas Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Italian Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Rice and Grains Recipes, Soup Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes