A hint of lemon adds a citrusy touch to this roasted asparagus and leek side-dish recipe.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Bake: 10 mins 450°F or crisp tender
- Start to Finish: 45 mins
- Place asparagus in single layer on baking sheet. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil; lightly sprinkle salt and black pepper. Bake, uncovered, in 450 degrees F oven about 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool slightly. Cut two-thirds in 2-inch pieces; set aside all asparagus.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan cook leeks in remaining olive oil until tender. Stir in uncooked rice. Cook and stir over medium heat about 5 minutes or until rice begins to turn golden brown.
- In another saucepan bring broth to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer. Carefully stir 1 cup of hot broth into rice mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until liquid is absorbed. Then add 1/2 cup broth at a time, stirring frequently until broth is absorbed before adding more broth (about 22 minutes).
- Stir in any remaining broth. Cook and stir just until rice is tender and creamy.
- Stir in asparagus pieces, cheese, parsley, lemon peel, lemon juice, and pepper. Top with asparagus spears, lemon slices, and peel. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Asparagus-Leek Risotto)
- Per serving:
- 256 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 6 mg chol.,
- 683 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet