A hint of lemon adds a citrusy touch to this roasted asparagus and leek side-dish recipe.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Bake: 10 mins 450°F or crisp tender
- Start to Finish: 45 mins
tablespoons olive oil
cups sliced leeks
cup Arborio rice
cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoon freshly ground coarse black pepper
- Place asparagus in single layer on baking sheet. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil; lightly sprinkle salt and black pepper. Bake, uncovered, in 450 degrees F oven about 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool slightly. Cut two-thirds in 2-inch pieces; set aside all asparagus.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan cook leeks in remaining olive oil until tender. Stir in uncooked rice. Cook and stir over medium heat about 5 minutes or until rice begins to turn golden brown.
- In another saucepan bring broth to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer. Carefully stir 1 cup of hot broth into rice mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until liquid is absorbed. Then add 1/2 cup broth at a time, stirring frequently until broth is absorbed before adding more broth (about 22 minutes).
- Stir in any remaining broth. Cook and stir just until rice is tender and creamy.
- Stir in asparagus pieces, cheese, parsley, lemon peel, lemon juice, and pepper. Top with asparagus spears, lemon slices, and peel. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Asparagus-Leek Risotto)
- 256 kcal cal.;
- 9 g Fat, total;
- 6 mg chol.;
- 2 g sat. fat;
- 36 g carb.;
- 5 g Monosaturated fat;
- 1 g Polyunsaturated fat;
- 3 g fiber;
- 4 g sugar;
- 10 g pro.;
- 5 mg iron;
- 121 mg calcium;
- 13 mg vit. C;
- 258 mg Potassium;
- 1361 IU vit. A;
- 683 mg sodium;
- 0 µg Cobalamin (Vit. B12);
- 69 µg Folate;
- 0 mg Pyridoxine (Vit. B6);
- 0 mg Riboflavin;
- 3 mg Niacin;
- 0 mg Thiamin
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet