Rhubarb Chive Flatbread
- In a small bowl combine water, yeast, and sugar. Let stand 10 minutes or until foamy.
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups of the flour and 1 teaspoon salt. Add yeast mixture, chives, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Stir until combined. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough additional flour to make the dough smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl; turn to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with cornmeal; set aside. Punch dough down. Divide dough in half (dough may be slightly sticky). Roll each half into a 12x4-inch rectangle. Carefully transfer to prepared baking sheet. Gently press 2 to 3 stalks of rhubarb into each half of shaped dough. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with additional salt.
- Bake about 18 minutes or until crisp and golden brown and rhubarb is tender. Drizzle with additional olive oil and honey before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Rhubarb Chive Flatbread)
- Per serving:
- 221 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 348 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet