- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 3 cups finely chopped cucumber
- 1 cup finely chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1/3 cup pickling salt
- 1 2/3 cups vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
1. In a large bowl combine the 3 cups water, the cabbage, cucumber, sweet peppers, celery, onion, pimiento, and pickling salt; toss to mix thoroughly. Let stand 3 hours. Drain; rinse well with cold water. Drain again.
2. In a 4-quart kettle combine the vinegar, the 3/4 cup water, the sugar, and mustard seed. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Add drained vegetables. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes more.
3. Ladle hot relish into hot, sterilized half-pint jars, leaving a 1/2 inch head space. Wipe jar rims and adjust lids. Process jars in boiling-water canner for 10 minutes (start timing when water covering jars returns to boiling). Remove the jars from canner and cool jars on wire racks. Makes 7 half-pints.
- cal. (kcal) 9,
- carb. (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 198,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet