- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 12 ounce package cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Asian pears or chopped, peeled jicama
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, Asian pears, onion, preserves, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, lemon peel, and red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
2. Transfer chutney to a glass serving dish. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours. If desired, store in airtight container for up to 5 days. Makes 16 side-dish servings.
- Sometimes called Chinese or apple pears are grown in a variety of colors and sizes, yielding more than 100 kinds. They can be large or small, brown or green to yellow. Juicy sweet with a firm, crunchy texture, they are available in late summer and fall.
- cal. (kcal) 108,
- carb. (g) 27,
- fiber (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 10,
- Fruit () 1,
- Other Carb () 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet