- Using a serrated knife cut off the tip end of each coconut. Strain 1/2 cup of the coconut liquid into a food processor bowl or blender container. Using a large spoon, scoop out 2/3 cup of the coconut meat; add coconut meat to food processor bowl or blender container.
- Cover; process or blend until coconut mixture is nearly smooth. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Peel, seed, and chop mangoes. Add mangoes, radishes, onions, ginger, pepper, and salt to coconut mixture. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.
- Top with toasted coconut. Serve with crackers, grilled chicken, ham, or fish. Makes 3 cups (12, 1/4-cup servings).
From the Test Kitchen
When handling hot chile peppers, wear plastic gloves. If bare hands touch the peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.
Spread coconut curls in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in a 350 degree F oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until golden brown, stirring every 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Coconut-Mango Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 13 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 27 mg sodium,
- 2 g carb.,
- 1 g sugar
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet