Top this spicy salsa with toasted coconut and serve with crackers, grilled chicken, ham, or fish.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Yields: 3 cups
- Prep: 30 mins
- Chill: 2 hrs
- Using a serrated knife cut off the tip end of each coconut. Strain 1/2 cup of the coconut liquid into a food processor bowl or blender container. Using a large spoon, scoop out 2/3 cup of the coconut meat; add coconut meat to food processor bowl or blender container.
- Cover; process or blend until coconut mixture is nearly smooth. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Peel, seed, and chop mangoes. Add mangoes, radishes, onions, ginger, pepper, and salt to coconut mixture. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.
- Top with toasted coconut. Serve with crackers, grilled chicken, ham, or fish. Makes 3 cups (12, 1/4-cup servings).
When handling hot chile peppers, wear plastic gloves. If bare hands touch the peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.
Spread coconut curls in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in a 350 degree F oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until golden brown, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Per serving:
- 13 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 27 mg sodium,
- 2 g carb.,
- 1 g sugar
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet