- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 - 2 sweet young coconuts
- 2 medium ripe mangoes
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes (about 7)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (2)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 serrano chile pepper,* seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut curls, toasted**
1. Using a serrated knife cut off the tip end of each coconut. Strain 1/2 cup of the coconut liquid into a food processor bowl or blender container. Using a large spoon, scoop out 2/3 cup of the coconut meat; add coconut meat to food processor bowl or blender container.
2. Cover; process or blend until coconut mixture is nearly smooth. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
3. Peel, seed, and chop mangoes. Add mangoes, radishes, onions, ginger, pepper, and salt to coconut mixture. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.
4. Top with toasted coconut. Serve with crackers, grilled chicken, ham, or fish. Makes 3 cups (12, 1/4-cup servings).
- When handling hot chile peppers, wear plastic gloves. If bare hands touch the peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.
- Spread coconut curls in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in a 350 degree F oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until golden brown, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 13,
- Fat, total (g) 1,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 2,
- sugar (g) 1,
- vit. A (IU) 243,
- vit. C (mg) 2,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 4,
- sodium (mg) 27,
- Potassium (mg) 23,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet