- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large red beet, cooked, peeled, and coarsely chopped*
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed, cored, and coarsely chopped or 3/4 cup chopped celery
1. In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, apple juice concentrate, water, salt, fennel seeds, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer; uncovered, about 3 minutes or until cranberries pop.
2. Cool slightly. Stir in beet and fennel. Cover and chill for up to 48 hours. Makes 8 (1/4-cup) servings.
- To cook beet, cut off all but 1 inch of stem and root. Do not peel. Cook in boiling water for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Slip off skin.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 31,
- carb. (g) 7,
- fiber (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 92,
- Other Carb () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet