- If using corn with husks, peel back the husks but do not remove. Remove corn silks; rinse corn and pat dry. Fold husks back around cobs. Tie husk tops with 100%-cotton kitchen string. If corn does not have husks, wrap each ear of corn in heavy foil.
- For a charcoal grill, place corn on grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill for 25 to 30 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place corn on grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Cool corn until cool enough to handle. Cut corn kernels from cob. (You should have about 1 cup of corn kernels.)
- In a medium bowl, combine corn kernels, jicama, red onion, vinegar, honey, chile pepper, thyme, and salt. Cover and chill for 8 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, gently stir in blueberries.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts(Blueberry-Corn Relish)
- Per serving:
- 34 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 51 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet