Red Velvet Heart Cookies
- 1. In a large mixing bowl beat butter on medium to high 30 seconds. Add sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- 2. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, food coloring, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Divide dough in half. Cover; chill dough 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On a floured surface roll half the dough at a time to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut dough using a 21/2- to 31/2-inch heart-shape cookie cutter. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 4. Bake 6 to 7 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are very light brown. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, using stencils if desired. Makes forty-six 21/2-inch or twenty-two 31/2-inch cookies.
Nutrition Facts (Red Velvet Heart Cookies )
- Per serving:
- 86 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 19 mg chol.,
- 76 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
dillp_85 146 Days Ago
These cookies were very good, my family loved them, i think i will make them for the Christmas holidays!!
katherine_noonan 147 Days Ago
I feel like this recipe was printed without being tested. Dough was easy to roll out and it's a fun recipe to make with kids, but they are very, very bland. I also found that I had to double the amount of food coloring to get them even remotely red and that I also had to increase the baking time substantially.
desireerb 186 Days Ago
These were a hit! Chill cutouts for at least 10-15 minutes before baking. They need to be firm before baking. I also had to bake mine a few minutes longer than recipe stated. I made these into sandwich cookies with cream cheese filling. Everyone loved them!
colleenkho5112660 187 Days Ago
Dough was easy to work with but the cookies lacked a lot in the flavor department - very bland!
hlocain 187 Days Ago
cookies tasted great but I couldn't get the stencils off the web site which was frustrating!
mmakgonzalez1 188 Days Ago
The recipe is definitely lacking something in the flavor department. These cookies did not taste good and left an after taste.
pgf635 188 Days Ago
Just okay. Would not make again. Had to add more flour when rolling.
traviswaters1g 189 Days Ago
I think there isn't enough flour listed, these do not roll out properly.
nanaallyskyco 195 Days Ago
tashah50 197 Days Ago
So good made them with my 4 year old!
pandkzoufal 197 Days Ago
why do I have to print 5 yes 5 pages just to get the recipe ????????
monaks 186 Days Ago
could not download the heart template?
Please make this available
Please make this available
nancyd4242att 190 Days Ago
Does not let you print the stencil........say you can??????????
joeandsueshanno 193 Days Ago
could not find template online
sweethomeschool 197 Days Ago
Worst cookies ever. Ditch the recipe fast!!