Red Bean, Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew
15 ounce can no-salt-added red beans, rinsed and drained
cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes (about 1 pound)
ounces boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
ounces boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
14 1/2 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
cups chopped green sweet peppers (2 large)
14 1/2 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
10 ounce can tomatoes and chopped green chiles, undrained
tablespoon Cajun seasoning
cloves garlic, minced
cup creamy peanut butter
Snipped fresh cilantro
Chopped peanuts (optional)
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker combine beans, sweet potatoes, chicken, broth, sweet peppers, diced tomatoes, tomatoes and green chiles, Cajun seasoning, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove 1 cup hot liquid from cooker. Whisk in peanut butter. Stir into mixture in cooker.
- Serve topped with cilantro and, if desired, peanuts.
Nutrition Facts( Red Bean, Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew)
- Per serving:
- 366 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 53 mg chol.,
- 830 mg sodium,
- 46 g carb.,
- 16 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet