Raspberry Coffee Cake
The day before:
- Lightly coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan or 13 1/2x9 1/2x3-inch disposable foil pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the cake mix, the flour, warm water, eggs, and yeast. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed just until combined. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping side of bowl occasionally (mixture will be thick). Pour batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly. Cover loosely and let stand at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For streusel, in a medium bowl stir together the remaining cake mix, almonds, and cinnamon. Drizzle with melted butter; toss gently to combine. Spoon preserves in small mounds on top of batter. Sprinkle with streusel.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Drizzle Vanilla Glaze over coffee cake. Cut in 12 to 16 pieces. Tightly cover coffee cake in pan and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- Tote coffee cake in pan at room temperature. If desired, sprinkle with fresh raspberries.
From the Test Kitchen
13 1/2x9 1/2x3-inch disposable foil pan (optional)
- In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, softened butter, and vanilla. Stir in milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a glaze of drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Raspberry Coffee Cake)
- Per serving:
- 404 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 51 mg chol.,
- 345 mg sodium,
- 72 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 44 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet