Raspberry Cocoa with Chocolate-Hazelnut Cream
cup premium unsweetened cocoa powder
cup hot water
cups half-and-half or light cream
cups whole milk
cup bittersweet chocolate pieces or 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
cup raspberry liqueur
cup whipping cream
tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread
fresh raspberries (optional)
shaved chocolate (optional)
- In a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker combine cocoa powder, sugar, and salt. Stir in the hot water until mixture forms a paste. Whisk in half-and-half and milk.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. (Do not boil.) Add bittersweet chocolate, whisking until chocolate is melted.
- If necessary, skim "skin" from surface; discard. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm-heat setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours.
- To serve, stir in vanilla and raspberry liqueur.
- Meanwhile, in a chilled bowl combine whipping cream, chocolate-hazelnut spread, and 2 teaspoons sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Pipe or spoon cream mixture onto cocoa. If desired, garnish with fresh raspberries and shaved chocolate.