- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Slow Cook: 4 hrs to 5 hrs (low) or 2 to 2 1/2 hours (high)
Quinoa with Sausage and Peppers
14 1/2 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
cup cider vinegar
tablespoons stone-ground mustard
medium yellow, green, and/or red sweet peppers, cut into bite-size pieces
medium sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
12 ounce package cooked Italian chicken sausage links, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (4 ounces)
- In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker combine broth, quinoa, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add sweet peppers, onion, and sausage.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- To serve, stir mixture gently. Top each serving with cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Quinoa with Sausage and Peppers)
- Per serving:
- 279 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 74 mg chol.,
- 772 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet