Quinoa with Roasted Beets and Chive Vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut tops off beets and trim root ends. Halve or quarter beets. Place beets and garlic in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Cover with foil.
- Roast for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender. Let stand, covered, for 15 minutes. To remove skins, wrap beets, one at a time, in a paper towel and gently rub to remove skins. (If skins are very tender, you do not need to remove them). Mash garlic and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine quinoa, the water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- For vinaigrette, in a screw-top jar combine the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, the vinegar, 1 tablespoon chives, and the mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine quinoa, vinaigrette, cheese, walnuts, and shallot. Toss to combine.
- Divide quinoa mixture among serving plates. Top with roasted beets. Sprinkle with additional snipped chives. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts (Quinoa with Roasted Beets and Chive Vinaigrette)
- Per serving:
- 364 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 13 mg chol.,
- 521 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet