Quinoa Salad with Squash and Mint
- In a large skillet heat the 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add squash; cook until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Remove from heat; let cool. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place quinoa in a strainer; rinse with cold water. In a large saucepan combine the 3 cups water and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat. Add quinoa. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until the grain becomes translucent, the white germ forms a spiral on the exterior of the grain, and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together lemon peel, lemon juice, the 1/3 cup grapeseed oil, the honey, and garlic. In a large bowl combine undrained cooked quinoa, squash, mint, and arugula. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
From the Test Kitchen
Icon: energy boosting, high fiber, vegetarian
Nutrition Facts (Quinoa Salad with Squash and Mint)
- Per serving:
- 497 kcal cal.,
- 29 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 20 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 445 mg sodium,
- 50 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet