- Makes: 12 servings
- Yields: 1 loaf
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cool: 2 hrs
- Bake: 50 mins to 55 mins 350°F
Zucchini Bread with a Twist
cup flax seed meal or toasted wheat germ
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon apple pie spice
cup finely shredded zucchini
cup canola oil
teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
cup snipped dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, flax seed meal, baking powder, apple pie spice, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat egg whites with a fork. Stir in zucchini, sugar, oil, and orange peel. Add zucchini mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in dried cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan. Cool on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
Nutrition Facts (Zucchini Bread with a Twist)
- Per serving:
- 159 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- 105 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBread Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Bread and Pastry Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes