- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl combine the pumpkin puree, Parmesan, melted butter, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, and chili oil. Stir well to mix.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Fold into pumpkin mixture and stir just until combined into a dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. pat to 1-inch-thick oval.
- Cut dough into scones using a round 2 inch biscuit cutter dipped in flour. Place scones 1 inch apart on ungreased or a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Reform dough and repeat. You should get 12 scones.
- Brush tops of scones with milk to glaze. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly. Eat warm with butter if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
Baked scones can be frozen in airtight containers or resealable bags for up to 1 month. Thaw for 1 hour at room temperature. Wrap scones in foil and reheat in a 300 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Unbaked scones can be put on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper and frozen until solid. Transfer to resealable bags and freeze for up to 3 months. Do not thaw before baking as directed in recipe, adding 2 to 3 minutes to baking time.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Scones)
- Per serving:
- 132 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 31 mg chol.,
- 316 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet