Praline Apple Bread
- Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. In a large mixing bowl beat together granulated sugar, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla on low speed of an electric mixer until combined, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; add to sour cream mixture, beating on low speed until combined. Stir in apple and 1/2 cup of the pecans. Turn into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans; press lightly into batter.
- Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (If necessary, cover loosely with foil the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning.) Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine butter or margarine and brown sugar; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 1 minute. Remove bread from pan. Drizzle top with brown sugar mixture; cool. Makes 1 loaf (18 servings).
From the Test Kitchen
Up to 1 day ahead, make, bake, and cool loaf as directed. Cover and store at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts (Praline Apple Bread)
- Per serving:
- 203 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 36 mg chol.,
- 175 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet