Pineapple-Cheddar Corn Bread
teaspoons baking powder
eggs, lightly beaten
14 3/4 ounce can cream-style corn
8 ounce can crushed pineapple (juice pack), drained
ounces cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour a 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
- In medium bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition. Beat in flour mixture on low speed just until combined. Stir in corn, drained pineapple, and cheese. Spoon batter into prepared dish.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cut in squares. Serve warm. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Pineapple-Cheddar Corn Bread)
- Per serving:
- 273 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 101 mg chol.,
- 474 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet