Parmesan Corn Bread
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. In a small bowl, pour the boiling water over bulgur; let stand for 5 minutes. Generously grease and flour a 1-1/2-quart souffle dish or 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together cornmeal, flour, Parmesan cheese, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat egg slightly; stir in milk, green onions, 2 tablespoons oil, and basil. Drain bulgur; stir into egg mixture. Add bulgur mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (the batter should be lumpy).
- Pour batter into prepared dish or pan. Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean, allowing 45 to 50 minute for the souffle dish or 40 to 45 minutes for the loaf pan. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover loosely with foil for the last 10 to 15 minutes of baking.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from dish. Serve warm. If desired, brush with oil; sprinkle with cornmeal. makes 1 loaf (12 slices).
Nutrition Facts (Parmesan Corn Bread)
- Per serving:
- 150 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 4 mg chol.,
- 241 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet