These Parmesan breadsticks are a great snack with your choice of dipping sauce. Serve leftover breadsticks with soup or salad.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 10 mins 375°F
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Cut bread crosswise in half or into quarters. Cut each piece lengthwise in half, then into 1/4- to 1/2-inch strips. (It is helpful to cut bread so there is crust on each strip.)
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; lightly coat with cooking spray. Arrange half of the breadsticks in a single layer; drizzle with half of the oil. Using a spatula or tongs, carefully turn breadsticks to coat with oil. Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until browned and crisp. Repeat with remaining breadsticks, oil, and cheese. Transfer to a large serving bowl or platter. Serve with dipping sauces and/or flavored oils, if desired.
Place in a covered container and store at room temperature for 2 days or in the freezer up to 1 month. Makes 12 to 15 servings.
- In a large skillet cook red sweet peppers and shallots, in 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat about 10 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat.
- Add dry white wine garlic, 2 tablespoons parsley; salt; and black pepper. Stir to combine. Return to heat. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes until peppers are very tender. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a food processor. Add 2 tablespoons snipped flat-leaf parsley and 2 tablespoons olive oil; cover and process until almost smooth. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
- Per serving:
- 179 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 4 mg chol.,
- 249 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet