- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 12 ounce loaf baguette-style French bread
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated or finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Dipping sauces, such as Red Pepper Sauce (see recipe below) or marinara sauce
- Flavored oils, such as lemon, basil, or garlic (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Cut bread crosswise in half or into quarters. Cut each piece lengthwise in half, then into 1/4- to 1/2-inch strips. (It is helpful to cut bread so there is crust on each strip.)
2. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; lightly coat with cooking spray. Arrange half of the breadsticks in a single layer; drizzle with half of the oil. Using a spatula or tongs, carefully turn breadsticks to coat with oil. Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until browned and crisp. Repeat with remaining breadsticks, oil, and cheese. Transfer to a large serving bowl or platter. Serve with dipping sauces and/or flavored oils, if desired.
- Place in a covered container and store at room temperature for 2 days or in the freezer up to 1 month. Makes 12 to 15 servings.
Yield: 1-1/2 cups
- 4 red sweet peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons snipped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a large skillet cook red sweet peppers and shallots, in 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat about 10 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat.
2. Add dry white wine garlic, 2 tablespoons parsley; salt; and black pepper. Stir to combine. Return to heat. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes until peppers are very tender. Cool slightly.
3. Transfer to a food processor. Add 2 tablespoons snipped flat-leaf parsley and 2 tablespoons olive oil; cover and process until almost smooth. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 179,
- Fat, total (g) 11,
- chol. (mg) 4,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 15,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 7,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 4,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 1,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 44,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 249,
- Potassium (mg) 38,
- calcium (mg) 81,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet