Upload your photo here.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Lightly grease thirty-six 1-3/4-inch muffin cups or line them with paper bake cups. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, orange peel, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, slightly beat egg. Stir in yogurt, oil, and vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake in the preheated oven about 10 minutes or until tops of muffins are golden. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin cups and cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and enough orange juice to make a glaze of drizzling consistency. Drizzle or brush glaze over muffins. Serve immediately. Makes 36 muffins.
From the Test Kitchen
Place baked, glazed muffins in airtight containers; cover. Store in a cool, dry place up to 24 hours. Or place baked, unglazed muffins in a freezer container; seal. Freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw muffins at room temperature, then glaze.
To Serve 50:
Prepare the recipe twice.
Nutrition Facts (Orange-Yogurt Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 65 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 6 mg chol.,
- 46 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet