Orange-Date Pumpkin Bread
Serve this spiced holiday bread with reduced-fat cream cheese flavored with a little grated orange peel.
- Makes: 32 servings
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Yields: 2 loaves (32 slices)
- Bake: 50 mins 350°F
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of two 8x4x2-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pumpkin, sugar, egg, honey, oil, orange peel, and orange juice. Using a wooden spoon, stir pumpkin mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Stir in nuts and dates or raisins. Divide mixture between the prepared pans.
- Bake about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks. Makes 2 loaves (32 slices).
Choose from Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking or Equal Sugar Lite. Follow the package directions to use the product amount equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar.
Prepare as directed. Place each loaf of bread in a freezer container or bag. Seal, label, and freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw the wrapped bread at room temperature.
- Per serving:
- 129 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 87 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet