Fruited Pumpkin Loaf
cup apricot nectar
tablespoons cooking oil
14 ounce package pumpkin quick bread mix
cup chopped pecans, toasted
cup snipped dried apricots
cup dried cranberries
Apricot Icing (see recipe below) (optional)
Snipped dried apricots (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan or three 5-3/4x3x2-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk; whisk in the water, nectar, and oil. Using a wooden spoon, stir pumpkin quick bread mix into egg mixture until combined. Stir in pecans, the 1/2 cup apricots, and the cranberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan(s); spread evenly. Bake 8x4x2-inch pan for 55 to 65 minutes or 5-3/4x3x2-inch pans for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center(s) comes out clean.
- Cool in pan(s) on wire rack(s) for 10 minutes. Remove from pan(s). Cool completely on wire rack(s). Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
- If desired, pour Apricot Icing over bread and sprinkle with additional snipped apricots. Makes 1 large or 3 small loaves (16 to 18 servings).
cup powdered sugar
teaspoons apricot nectar
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and enough apricot nectar to reach drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts(Fruited Pumpkin Loaf)
- Per serving:
- 202 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 26 mg chol.,
- 152 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet