English Muffin Bread
- Grease two 8x4x2-inch loaf pans. Lightly sprinkle pans with cornmeal to coat bottom and sides; set pans aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine 3 cups of the flour, the yeast, and baking soda; set aside. In a medium saucepan heat and stir milk, water, sugar, and salt just until warm (120 degree F to 130 degree F). Using a wooden spoon, stir milk mixture into flour mixture. Stir in remaining flour.
- Divide dough in half. Place dough in prepared pans. Sprinkle tops with cornmeal. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 45 minutes).
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove bread from pans. Cool on wire racks. If desired, serve with Honey Butter. Makes 2 loaves (32 servings).
- In a small mixing bowl beat softened butter and honey with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Cover and chill. Makes about 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts (English Muffin Bread)
- Per serving:
- 90 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 1 mg chol.,
- 91 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet