Double Decker Pumpkin Bread
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
8 ounce carton dairy sour cream
tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
teaspoons baking soda
teaspoons ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground ginger
teaspoon ground nutmeg
15 ounce can pumpkin
cup cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottoms and 1/2 inch up the sides of two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and the 1/4 cup sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add sour cream and the 1 egg; beat until combined. Stir in the crystallized ginger; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, the ground ginger, the nutmeg, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the 2 cups sugar, the 4 eggs, the pumpkin, oil, and water. Beat on low speed until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until combined.
- Spoon 1-1/2 cups of the pumpkin batter into each of the prepared pans. Divide the cream cheese mixture between pans, spreading evenly. Spoon the remaining pumpkin batter onto cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight before slicing. Store any leftover bread in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes 32 servings.