- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan. Line bottom of the pan with a piece of waxed paper or parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg with a fork; stir in milk and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in nuts and dates.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan; spread evenly. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Remove waxed paper or parchment paper. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. Makes 1 loaf (14 servings).
Nutrition Facts (Date-Nut Bread)
- Per serving:
- 244 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 17 mg chol.,
- 191 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet