- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in orange peel. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a fork; stir in milk and melted butter. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in cranberries, nuts, and figs and/or apricots.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan; spread evenly. Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. If desired, serve with Orange Butter. Makes 1 loaf (14 servings).
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, powdered sugar, and orange peel until combined. Makes about 1/3 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry-Orange Loaf)
- Per serving:
- 245 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 48 mg chol.,
- 179 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet