- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a small bowl stir together 1/3 cup of the sugar, the pecans, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the remaining 1 cup sugar, the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl beat egg with a fork; stir in milk and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the pecan mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture. Using a thin metal spatula or table knife, cut down through batter and pull up in a circular motion to marble the cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry-Nut Bread)
- Per serving:
- 227 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 17 mg chol.,
- 122 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 20 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet