- Makes: 14 servings
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Yields: 3 loaves
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cool: 26 hrs 10 mins
- Bake: 45 mins to 50 mins 350°F for 5 3/4-inch pans, 55 to 60 minutes for 9-inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the bottoms and 1/2 inch up the sides of three 5 3/4x3x2-inch loaf pans or a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a small bowl, stir together 1/3 cup of the sugar, the nuts, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture. In a medium bowl, combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pans. Sprinkle with half of the nut mixture. Top with the remaining batter and the remaining nut mixture. Using a narrow metal spatula or table knife, cut down through batter and pull up in a circular motion to marble.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes for 5 3/4-inch pans (55 to 60 minutes for 9-inch pan) or until a toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on racks. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed, except stir 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries into batter.
Prepare as directed, except stir 3/4 cup fresh blueberries into batter.
Nutrition Facts (Cinnamon-Nut Bread)
- Per serving:
- 227 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 17 mg chol.,
- 122 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 20 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet