Chocolate-Cherry Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Lightly coat the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, milk, egg, and oil. Stir in mashed banana and vanilla.
- Add sour cream mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in chopped cherries, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Makes 16 slices.
From the Test Kitchen
Choose from Splenda Sugar Blend or Baking or Equal Sugar Lite. Follow the package directions to use the amount equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Cherry Banana Bread)
- Per serving:
- 119 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 61 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet