- In bowl combine 1-1/2 cups of the flour, the sugar, yeast, and 1 tsp. salt; set aside. In saucepan combine milk and butter. Heat until warm (125 degrees F). Add to flour mixture. Add bananas, eggs, and yolks. With mixer, beat on medium 2 minutes. Stir in 3-1/2 cups flour, adding additional flour 1/4 cup at a time. (Dough will be sticky.) Transfer to a buttered bowl; turn to coat surface. Cover; let rise 1 hour or until doubled.
- On floured surface roll dough to 3/8-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-inch doughnut cutter. Reroll dough and repeat. Place cutouts on baking sheet. Cover; let rise 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Fry a few at a time in hot oil (365 degrees F) for 2 minutes or until golden; turning once. Remove with slotted spoon; drain. Dip in glaze. Makes 30 doughnuts plus holes.
- In microwave-safe bowl combine semi- sweet chocolate pieces, whipping cream, and butter. Microwave 1 minute; stir. Microwave 30 seconds more. Whisk in powdered sugar until smooth and light-color corn syrup.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Banana Doughnuts)
- Per serving:
- 213 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 41 mg chol.,
- 115 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet