Carrot Bread with Cream Cheese Icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan or three 4-3/4x2-1/2x2-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, soda and salt. In another bowl combine carrot, eggs, milk, and oil; add to dry ingredients stirring just until moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Bake for 55 to 60 for the 8x4-loaf pan or 30 to 35 minutes for the large loaf pan or 30 to 35 minutes for the small loaf pans or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean (check the loaf 10 to 15 minutes before the end of baking time. If it is browning too quickly, cover loosely with foil). Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove and cool completely on a rack. Wrap in foil; store overnight before slicing. Store up to 3 days at room temperature or freeze up to 3 months. Glaze with Cream Cheese Icing and top with Candied Carrots just before serving. Makes 16 servings.
Cream Cheese Icing
- Whisk together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and a little milk until smooth and glazelike. Drizzle over Carrot Bread.
- In a skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add shaved carrots and. honey. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until carrots are glazed and tender. Spread on paper towel or waxed paper to cool.
Nutrition Facts (Carrot Bread with Cream Cheese Icing)
- Per serving:
- 205 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 33 mg chol.,
- 148 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 18 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Heather Conn 1445 Days Ago
Not bad, but not much overall flavor. The cinnamon overwhelmed all other ingredients. If I made it again, I'd increase the sugar to a full cup and reduce the cinnamon by half.