- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 55 mins 350°F
Carrot Bread with Cream Cheese Icing
cup packed brown sugar
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground cardamom or nutmeg
teaspoon baking soda
cups shredded carrot
cup canola oil
recipe Cream Cheese Icing, recipe below
recipe Candied Carrots, recipe below
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan or three 4-3/4x2-1/2x2-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, soda and salt. In another bowl combine carrot, eggs, milk, and oil; add to dry ingredients stirring just until moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Bake for 55 to 60 for the 8x4-loaf pan or 30 to 35 minutes for the large loaf pan or 30 to 35 minutes for the small loaf pans or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean (check the loaf 10 to 15 minutes before the end of baking time. If it is browning too quickly, cover loosely with foil). Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove and cool completely on a rack. Wrap in foil; store overnight before slicing. Store up to 3 days at room temperature or freeze up to 3 months. Glaze with Cream Cheese Icing and top with Candied Carrots just before serving. Makes 16 servings.
Cream Cheese Icing
ounce (2 tablespoons) cream cheese
cup powdered sugar
- Whisk together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and a little milk until smooth and glazelike. Drizzle over Carrot Bread.
cup shaved carrots
- In a skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add shaved carrots and. honey. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until carrots are glazed and tender. Spread on paper towel or waxed paper to cool.
Nutrition Facts (Carrot Bread with Cream Cheese Icing)
- Per serving:
- 205 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 33 mg chol.,
- 148 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 18 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBread Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Bread and Pastry Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Recipes, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Recipes, Easter Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes