Apricot, Pecan, and White Chocolate Bread
- In a small bowl, combine dried apricots and enough boiling water to cover. Let stand for 15 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Grease foil; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in pecans, baking pieces, and drained apricots. Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Use the foil to lift bread out of pan; remove foil. Cool bread completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. Makes 16 servings.