Queso Fundido Pizzas
- Place a pizza stone or a large flat baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and salt; cook about 3 minutes or until onion and garlic are tender. Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook for 1 minute more. Remove from heat; stir in beans and 2 tablespoons of the water. Transfer mixture to a food processor or blender. Cover and pulse with several on/off turns until bean mixture is spreadable but still chunky, adding more water if necessary to make a spreadable mixture.
- For queso fundido, in a medium skillet cook chorizo over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until fully cooked, using a wooden spoon to break up chorizo. Drain off fat. Add cheese, salsa, and tequila; stir until cheese is melted. Cover to keep warm.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, evenly spread a thin layer of the bean mixture on tortilla. Transfer topped tortilla to the pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until edges are crisp.
- Transfer pizza to a cutting board; let cool for 1 minute. Spoon on with queso fundido and top with cilantro and avocado. If desired, sprinkle with a few jalapeno slices. Serve at once. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make four pizzas total. Cut each pizza into wedges before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts(Queso Fundido Pizzas)
- Per serving:
- 424 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 36 mg chol.,
- 853 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 16 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet