- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. For topping, in a small bowl combine the 1/3 cup brown sugar and sour cream; stir in pecans. Set topping aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. In a medium bowl combine egg, buttermilk, pumpkin, the 2/3 cup brown sugar, and melted butter. Add pumpkin mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each nearly full. Spoon topping evenly over batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; cool completely on wire rack.
- Transfer muffins to a storage container; cover tightly. Tote muffins at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin-Praline Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 255 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 33 mg chol.,
- 228 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 20 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet