These tiny treats contain all the tantalizing flavors of pumpkin and pecan pies.
- Let piecrusts stand according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll piecrusts. Using a 2-1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut 12 rounds from each piecrust. Gently ease pastry rounds into the bottoms and up the sides of 24 ungreased 1-3/4-inch muffin cups; set aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl stir together pumpkin, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Add egg; stir until combined. Gradually add half-and-half. Stir just until combined.
- For pecan topping, stir together pecans, brown sugar, and melted butter.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons filling into each pastry-lined cup. Top each with a scant 1 teaspoon pecan topping. Bake about 35 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Remove tassies from muffin cups and cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, drizzle tassies with maple syrup just before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Place tassies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months; thaw about 1 hour at room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin-Pecan Tassies)
- Per serving:
- 113 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 13 mg chol.,
- 92 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet