Pumpkin Icebox Pie with Pistachio-Gingersnap Crust
- Prepare Pistachio-Gingersnap Crust.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl sprinkle gelatin over the water. Do not stir. Let stand for 5 minutes. In a large mixing bowl beat pumpkin and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan combine evaporated milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Bring to simmering over medium-high heat. Add gelatin mixture, stirring until gelatin is dissolved. Gradually pour milk mixture into pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth. Pour pumpkin mixture over crust. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or until set.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream and powdered sugar on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Spread whipped cream over top of pie. Sprinkle with pistachio nuts.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through Step 3, except cover and chill for up to 3 days. Before serving, prepare whipped cream as directed in Step 4 and spread over top of pie. Sprinkle with pistachio nuts.
Spice up your whipped cream by adding 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Out of pistachios? Use almonds (or your favorite nut) instead. Go nuts: Chop 1/2 cup pecans and sprinkle on top of pie for an extra nutty finish.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a food processor combine gingersnaps and pistachios. Cover and process with on/off pulses until ground. Add brown sugar; cover and process just until combined. With processor running, slowly add melted butter in a thin, steady stream. Press mixture onto the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set and starting to brown. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Icebox Pie with Pistachio-Gingersnap Crust)
- Per serving:
- 241 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 31 mg chol.,
- 179 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 20 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet