Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Chocolate Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Lightly grease foil. Set pan aside. In a large bowl use a pastry blender to cut the 1/2 cup butter into cookie mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until set.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Stir in pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Pour pumpkin mixture onto the hot crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes more or until mixture is slightly puffed around edges and just set in center. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate pieces and the 1/4 cup butter. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 30 to 60 seconds or until softened; stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over the cooled bars and carefully spread evenly. Gently press pecan halves evenly across top of bars. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut bars out of the pan. Cut into bars, cutting straight down with a large knife.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Chocolate Topping)
- Per serving:
- 173 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 31 mg chol.,
- 117 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet